Our safety controls and measures – Covid 19
Dear guests and clients,
We are ready to welcome you back and provide our servicesto you!
We are ready to serve you with upgraded safety and new controls that ensure your health and safety during your stay.
Let us share with you our upgraded health and safety measures.
Our hotel has reopened under the appropriate and controlled health and safety conditions to eliminate or reduceto the greatest extent possible the risk of spreading the virus to employees, clients, visitors and to the society in general.
Therefore, we have taken new safety procedures and controls onlyfrom official sources such as the Ministry of Health, the Department of Labor Inspection and the Press and Information Office of the Republic of Cyprus, the World Health Organization, the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC) and the National Public Health Organization of Greece.
In no case these replace the obligations enforced by the state and its competent authorities.
2. Stay Safe
* Maintain2 metres distance from other
* Avoid crowded spaces
* Avoid handshakes and general touching gestures
* Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water. Dry your hands well with one use paper towel.
* Use frequently alcohol-based hand sanitizers
3. Managing safety
* Assigned appropriate roles and responsibilities, including a Crisis Management Team. The team is responsible to take immediate decisions oncoronavirus.
* Revised risk assessment for Covid-19 hazards.
* Upgraded health and safety management system.
* Provided trainings to all employees. Distributed written guidelines to employees.
* Communicated to our associates and suppliers our expectations and new controls.
* Enforced monitoring procedures.
* Enforced inspections based on checklists.
* Prepared and implements anemergency plan for themanagement of suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19.
Keep a record of employees members indicating their place of work/transportation within the hotel, all persons staying at the hotel so that it is possible to communicate with the close contacts of any COVID-19 case, which may be identified later, external partners/guests who came into the hotel either for work.
4. Hygiene controls
* Provide disinfection stations with running water and soap or withdisinfectant liquid in prominent places throughout the hotel including hotel entrance, lobby, common areas, food and beverage facilities, sport and wellness facilities, work areas, offices, and hygiene areas.
* Display posters/guidelines promoting handwashing and personal hygiene rules at theentrance and exit points and in prominent places around the workplace.
* Apply sanitary measures in toilets. Do not use air jets to dryhands.
* Place closed bins at prominent locations around the hotel.
* Ensure each employee has, as far as possible, individual tools and workingequipment. Tools are regularly cleaned.
5. Personal hygiene
* Monitoring of employee and suppliers body temperature. People with respiratory infection symptoms or fever do not enter the hotel.
* Use mask and gloves when in contact with people or handling food.
* Washhands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water.
* Dry your hands well with one use paper towel.
* Frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
* Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
* Throw used tissues in closed trash bins and immediately washhands.
6. Social and physical distancing
* Avoid physical contacts and maintain the distance of at least 2meters between people.
* Placed signs on the floor to ensure the distance of 2 meters.
* Placed posters and guidelines for personal hygiene and physical distancing guidelines in public areas.
* Observe the ratio of 8m2per person in areas serving the public.
* Installed natural dividersin specific areas where distances could not be kept.
* Work in small working groups and try to maintainthe same employees for each group, where possible.
* Limit to the least possible any conversation with customers.
* Minimize the use of elevators.
* Avoid employee overcrowding during breaks.
7. Ventilation, cleaning, and disinfection
* Ensure that all areas are sufficientlyand systematically ventilated. Provide natural ventilation of the through open windows or doors.
* Use of air-conditioners with constant flow of fresh air.
* Work ventilation system in the WC24h/day and avoidopening the windows of the WC to achieve the correct direction of air flow.
* Regular maintenance and check of air conditioners and central systems of artificial ventilation.
* Thorough cleaning and disinfection of all hotel areas many times a day.
* Thorough cleaning and disinfection of hand-contact surfaces (benches, tables, desks, door handles, switches, telephone sets,elevator buttons) many times a day.
8. Hotel reception
* Use of electronic check-in and check-out whenever possible.
* Use electronic payments whenever possible.Avoid cash payments.
* Proper planning and management of arrivals for quick queue reduction.
* Disinfection of keys and room cards.
* Pick-up, transportation, and delivery of customers’ luggage is conducted with use of gloves or hand disinfection with a suitable spray. The staff maintains the 2-metre distance from the customer.
9. Restaurant and Bar facilities
* Limited operation of food and beverage facilities.
* No buffet service is available, instead table service throughout the hotel.
* Maintaina maximum number of people in open and indoor areas.
* Set a minimum of 2m distance between tables. For families this distance is not necessary.
* Use electronic payments whenever possible. Avoid cash payments.
* Sanitizehands on entry and exit to every restaurant or bar.
* Use of gloves and masks by employees during service and when working with food.
* Use of online menus and single use printed menus.
* Disinfection of table, chairs and utensils after each client leaves a table.
* Handling and placing of crockery, cutlery and glasses so as only the client using them will come in contact.
10. Room cleaning
* Client has the option to choose the frequency of room cleaning and linen change.
* Use an upgraded room cleaning and sanitation procedure.
* Cleaningtakes place only when guests are not in the room.
* Removal from rooms of all the linen whose strict hygiene cannot be ensured, e.g. beddings should be either removed, or changed upon each arrival/departure. Additional linen equipment, such as additional pillows or blankets, should be either safely packaged with a special tape after sterilisation or transported to a storage area and supplied if requested.
* Removal of printed materials.
* Provide single-use cups and glasses.
* Collect beddings and clothing shouldin plastic bags, then washed with detergent and water at 60-90 °C and completely dried.
* Employees entering rooms, should wear single use masks and a surgical mask and apply hands hygiene after disposing of them.
11. Pool & beach
* Limited operation of swimming pools.
* Restricted the use of changing rooms and showers in enclosed areas. Use open air showers.
* Maintaina maximum number of guests at beach and pool areas.
* Maintain a minimum distance between sunbeds of 2m.
* Disinfect sunbeds, mattresses,chairs, and tablesafter use by each customer.
* Guest should place a towel on sunbeds.
12. Use of elevator
* Capacitynot exceeding 50% of maximum capacity.
* Use elevator only when wearing a mask
* Placed next to the elevator door, a sign reporting the maximum number of people allowed to enter the elevator and recommending the use of mask.